Proudly Certified Organic Vineyard since 2006
Retzlaff Vineyards and Estate Winery is family operated on 14 pristine acres in the historic Livermore Valley. Robert and Gloria Taylor planted their vineyard in 1977, by 1983 they had decided to produce commercial wines and open a tasting room. They were one of five wineries in Livermore at that time. Since 1985 wine maker Robert Taylor; assisted by his sons Noah and Aaron, has continually produced some of California’s finest award winning wines.
- 1989 Cabernet – Double Gold- CA State Fair, final round of eleven.
- 1994 Estate Merlot – Best of Region Double Gold- CA State Fair, final round of eleven.
- 2006 Cabernet –Merlot Blend – Double Gold – Napa Valley Appellation Tasting, Appellation America.
- 2006 Merlot– Gold – Napa Valley Appellation Tasting, Appellation America.
- 2005 Cabernet – Merlot Blend: – Gold Medal – 2013 San Francisco Chronicle wine competition.
- 2009 Chardonnay – Silver – 2013 San Francisco Chronicle wine competition.
- 2011 Sauvignon Blanc – Bronze – 2014 Orange County Fair.
- 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon – Silver – 2014 California State Fair.
- Port – Silver – 2014 Sunset Magazine International Wine Competition.
Vineyard manager, Jose’ Hernandez is often praised for his work in the vineyard. “Rarely does one see such beautifully tended vineyards harboring healthy 30 year old vines” . All of our wines are estate bottled and produced from certified organic grapes grown on the property.
“Our wines reflect the terroir of our vineyard, the age of our vines and the character of the grapes. Our trademark is a long, elegant finish.” Gloria Taylor
Share a picnic and a bottle of Retzlaff under the shade of our majestic 100 year old pepper trees. Make new friends and become a member of our Futures Wine Club.
Private functions and tours are also available.
The Taylor Family and our wonderful staff look forward to the pleasure of your visit.